Stansted Airport jobs fair attracts more than 300 people
MORE than 300 job seekers from across the region have visited a jobs fair at Stansted Airport to see the array of employment opportunities on offer.
The fair, organised by the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, was attended by firms including the Radisson Blu Hotel, Premier Inn, Wetherspoons, Starbucks, Monsoon, Dixons, JD Sports, Harrods Aviation and Aero Associates.
Chris Wiggan, Stansted Airport’s head of public affairs, said: “Stansted Airport is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, employing over 10,000 people.
“The high turnout clearly demonstrates that the airport is an attractive and desirable location for people to work, either taking the first steps on the work ladder or looking for a new career direction.”
Anita Garrard, manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, added: “It was an extremely busy day with a tremendous amount of people coming from all parts of the region and London to see what opportunities there are at Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
“Job seekers were able to meet potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice and receive guidance about the application process for jobs at the airport.”
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending