Stansted Airport jobs fair attracts more than 300 people
MORE than 300 job seekers from across the region have visited a jobs fair at Stansted Airport to see the array of employment opportunities on offer.
The fair, organised by the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, was attended by firms including the Radisson Blu Hotel, Premier Inn, Wetherspoons, Starbucks, Monsoon, Dixons, JD Sports, Harrods Aviation and Aero Associates.
Chris Wiggan, Stansted Airport’s head of public affairs, said: “Stansted Airport is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, employing over 10,000 people.
“The high turnout clearly demonstrates that the airport is an attractive and desirable location for people to work, either taking the first steps on the work ladder or looking for a new career direction.”
Anita Garrard, manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, added: “It was an extremely busy day with a tremendous amount of people coming from all parts of the region and London to see what opportunities there are at Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
“Job seekers were able to meet potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice and receive guidance about the application process for jobs at the airport.”
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park