Stansted Airport jobs fair attracts more than 300 people
MORE than 300 job seekers from across the region have visited a jobs fair at Stansted Airport to see the array of employment opportunities on offer.
The fair, organised by the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, was attended by firms including the Radisson Blu Hotel, Premier Inn, Wetherspoons, Starbucks, Monsoon, Dixons, JD Sports, Harrods Aviation and Aero Associates.
Chris Wiggan, Stansted Airport’s head of public affairs, said: “Stansted Airport is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, employing over 10,000 people.
“The high turnout clearly demonstrates that the airport is an attractive and desirable location for people to work, either taking the first steps on the work ladder or looking for a new career direction.”
Anita Garrard, manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, added: “It was an extremely busy day with a tremendous amount of people coming from all parts of the region and London to see what opportunities there are at Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
“Job seekers were able to meet potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice and receive guidance about the application process for jobs at the airport.”
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches