Stansted Airport ‘Meet the Buyers’ event hailed a major success
LONDON Stansted’s latest ‘Meet the Buyers’ event has been hailed a resounding success by businesses from across the East of England.
Now in its 10th year, this highly acclaimed business networking event saw over 600 face to face meetings take place between businesses from the creative sector to civil engineering, from small and medium size enterprises employing just a few staff to those with 200 or more.
John Richardson, from Stansted-based Anglia Business Energy, was one of over 100 suppliers attending the event. He said: “This is the first Meet the Buyers event I have attended. The ability to speak to the buyer direct rather than trying get through the gate keepers is of immeasurable worth.
“It was far more effective than any business breakfast or lunch event I have ever attended. A well organised event at which I met decision makers.”
Also attending the event as a buyer was Mark Tavener, from Landscaping firm Hasmead PLC. He said: “Meet the Buyers was a great way of integrating with local businesses to ensure that we are supporting them in every way we can. I found it very useful and will definitely attend next time - well done to everyone involved for a well organised day.”
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Bishop’s Stortford Chamber of Commerce Mike Allen said: “We are very grateful to London Stansted for putting on the Meet the Buyers event. Actions such as this which help to stimulate the local economy are to be welcomed; I attended all day and saw at first-hand how effective this event was.”
Launching the day’s proceedings at the airport’s Radisson Hotel was London Stansted’s managing director, Nick Barton: “I appreciate that times are tough for everybody.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
“The global economic crisis has taken its toll on business growth and productivity, but I think the sheer volume of businesses here demonstrates that Meet the Buyers is an essential business procurement and networking event, not only for the local and regional economy but for UK plc.”
Hosted by London Stansted, and organised by Business to Business and Bishop’s Stortford based Marketing Kinetics, the day enabled local firms and suppliers the chance to introduce their products and services to buyers from nearly 30 major organisations based in and around Stansted.