Stansted Airport officials charge illegal immigrant
A BRAZILIAN man has been busted by officials at Stansted Airport after trying to enter the country with a fake identity card. The man presented a forged Portuguese ID card to the immigration officer, but it was later discovered he had his genuine Brazilia
A BRAZILIAN man has been busted by officials at Stansted Airport after trying to enter the country with a fake identity card.
The man presented a forged Portuguese ID card to the immigration officer, but it was later discovered he had his genuine Brazilian passport hidden in his shoe.
After arriving on a flight from Barcelona on April 4 and arousing suspicion with his fake card the man was searched and a counterfeit driving licence was also discovered.
He was charged with two ID Card Act offences and last Monday (April 27) was given an 18 month custodial sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Director for the UK Border Agency at Stansted, Barry McGill, said: "Our officers are trained to spot suspicious activity - from those using fake documents to get into the country to those who will not abide by the conditions of their visa.
"Through this conviction, and others like it, we are sending a clear message that we will apprehend those who seek to enter the country illegally and bring them before the courts.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
"Once this man has finished his sentence we will seek to remove him to Brazil. Last year we deported record numbers of foreign prisoners - 5400.
"In 2008 more than 66,000 people were removed or voluntarily departed - one every eight minutes.