Stansted Airport owner MAG unveils restaurant and bar line-up for new-look terminal
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport owner MAG has unveiled the line-up of restaurant, bar and café operators for the airport’s revamped passenger terminal.
Well-known names including Burger King, Pret A Manger, Starbucks and JD Wetherspoon will be joined in the new-look departure lounge by a range of new and up-coming brands ? the successful bidders chosen from among more than 70 tenders for the 12 available units.
They will also include: James Martin Kitchen, the celebrity chef’s premium bakery brand; itsu, the Asian food concept which has flaship restaurants in Chelsea and Notting Hill and around 50 shops across central London; speciality coffee business Harris + Hoole; family restaurant chain Giraffe, fizz bar Halo; fast food operator Leon; American dining experience Coast to Coast and fine wines and food brand Cabin.
The first phase of the new departure lounge development, part of an £80million transformation of the passenger terminal at Stansted, will open to customers later this month.
The new Burger King will open for business later this year with the remaining cafés, bars and restaurants following in spring 2015. In adition, an M&S Simply Food outlet will open for business in November 2014, located at International Arrivals ? ideal for passengers returning home and wanting to pick some treats or essentials.
Beth Brewster, MAG retail director, said: “We’re not just giving Stansted a make-over; this is a multi-million pound investment to create contemporary, convenient, innovative and stylish terminal facilities.
“I’m sure all our passengers will be thrilled to see the new and exciting range of cafes, bars and restaurants that have secured their part in this exciting development. We’ve listened to what passengers want and really hope they will all be delighted with the choices on offer.”
- 1 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 2 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 3 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 IN PICTURES: The Bootleg Beatles play The Fab Four's hits at Heritage Live concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 5 Saffron Walden PSG bid sad farewell to long-term coach
- 6 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 7 IN PICTURES: Elbow's Heritage Live headline concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 8 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Saffron Walden celebrate stylish win over EAPL rivals Swardeston
She added: “We’re not over the finish line yet and are about to go out to tender for the final phase which will be home to both high street and high end retail fashion.
“Interest is already coming in from within the industry and having taken note of what passengers are saying we also know the types of styles and brands they will be hoping to see and will work hard to deliver an exciting range for our customers.”
The new food and beverage options are being located in one dedicated area nearest the exit points to departure gates so that passengers can relax, safe in the knowledge they are as close as they can be for when gate numbers are announced.
Flight status display screens are also being installed in all cafés, bars and restaurants as well as in the general seating area.