Stansted Airport reveals latest phase of £80m terminal transformation
- Credit: Archant
An £8million revamp to transform the experience of those waiting for and boarding flights is underway.
Work has already started on the next phase of Stansted Airport’s £80m upgrade of the terminal, and should improve facilities at Satellite One, a departure area for international flights.
The development will also include the first lounge in the main departures area in the airport’s 24-year history, due to be completed this spring.
The overhaul of Satellite One, one of the airport’s three departure areas, will offer fully refurbished toilets, free charging points and improved Wi-Fi for passengers. The revamp is part of the multi-million pound transformation of the terminal, which has included the new security area as well as the first phase of a brand new departure lounge.
Managing director Andrew Harrison said: “These are really exciting times and will be a significant turning point in the airport’s history.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really excited and looking forward to this time next year when this phase of re-development will be completed and our passengers can fully experience how Stansted is changing because this is just the beginning.”
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road