Stansted Airport: Savvy travellers opt for city breaks and summer sun for the Bank Holiday Extravaganza
WITH Easter and the Royal Wedding giving us the chance to take just three days holiday in return for 11 days off work – travellers looking to make the most of the Bank Holiday bonanza are opting for a mix of cultural city breaks and summer sun to escape the UK.
easyJet, the UK’s largest airline, reports that the most popular destinations for Stansted travellers clearly looking to take advantage of the ‘once in a lifetime’ double Bank Holiday and escape Royal wedding fever are:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
The sunny shores of Malaga and Madeira appear to have the strongest draw for Stansted passengers, closely followed by top Algarve resort, Faro where travellers can enjoy world class golf courses, a majestic marina and gourmet cuisine.
City breaks are also high on the agenda with travellers heading to Barcelona and Amsterdam.
easyJet UK commercial manager Hugh Aitken said: “The double Bank Holiday offers the perfect opportunity to get away from it all, and therefore it’s no surprise that Malaga is the most popular destination for British travellers during this period.
“Even though the UK weather has been very promising with temperatures higher than the average for April, it seems that savvy travellers are still keen to head abroad for guaranteed sunshine and a change of scenery.”
“For those who still haven’t decided how to make the most of their time off, easyJet still has great value seats available to 30 destinations from London Stansted airport.”