Stansted Airport: Season ticket for rail commuters
A LIMITED edition car park season ticket for rail commuters is being re-launched at Stansted Airport this week.
The updated scheme, which became available from Tuesday, allows people regularly commuting to park their car a short walk from the airport’s rail station for a discounted annual price.
Stansted Airport’s managing director Nick Barton said: “We have responded to requests from the community, including Sir Alan Haselhurst, and are delighted to reopen the scheme which offers an enhanced product for local people commuting to London by rail from Stansted Airport.”
Uttlesford’s MP Sir Alan Haselhurst welcomed the new season ticket proposals.
“The proposals are designed primarily to assist rail commuters to have convenient parking. I am sure that they meet a real need,” he said.
The annual ticket allows access to the airport’s short-stay car park and costs �1,999, saving around 75 per cent on a normal roll-up price. The price also includes four free weekend stays in the short stay car park or 12 days in the mid-stay.
All car parks at Stansted Airport are accredited to ‘Park Mark�’ standard for safety and security, and approved by Essex Police. Park Mark� Safer Parking was awarded by the British Parking Association following assessment by Essex Police.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
Security measures include comprehensive CCTV coverage, security fencing and regular patrols.
Residents wishing to enquire about the season ticket offer should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01279 666064.