STANSTED AIRPORT: Security teams encourage enhanced engagement with retailers and passengers
A DEDICATED team of specialist security officers is encouraging more passengers and retailers to approach and talk to them at Stansted Airport. Working in partnership with the airport s Neighbourhood Policing Team (the Aviation Security Team (AST) was for
A DEDICATED team of specialist security officers is encouraging more passengers and retailers to approach and talk to them at Stansted Airport.
Working in partnership with the airport's Neighbourhood Policing Team (the Aviation Security Team (AST) was formed to encourage an understanding and awareness of the threat from terrorism and the effect it has on the aviation industry.
Funded by the Home Office and based at Stansted Airport, the AST consists of a small team of police officers and PCSOs from Essex Police. Every major UK airport now has its own team which liaises with local neighbourhood police officers and engages with residents and retailers in the airport as well as in surrounding villages.
Neighbourhood specialist officer, Pc Sean McHale, said: "We want to talk to people in and around the airport, from those passing through on flights to those who work here and live in local areas.
You may also want to watch:
"We' re very keen to speak to everyone in order to highlight the work of both teams and, more importanly, address any concerns they may have about security, crime or policing operations here at the airport."
The airport's NPT will join forces with the AST on Monday March 1 from 10am to 3pm in Zone B of the terminal building in a bid to talk with more people.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision