STANSTED AIRPORT: Security teams encourage enhanced engagement with retailers and passengers
A DEDICATED team of specialist security officers is encouraging more passengers and retailers to approach and talk to them at Stansted Airport. Working in partnership with the airport s Neighbourhood Policing Team (the Aviation Security Team (AST) was for
A DEDICATED team of specialist security officers is encouraging more passengers and retailers to approach and talk to them at Stansted Airport.
Working in partnership with the airport's Neighbourhood Policing Team (the Aviation Security Team (AST) was formed to encourage an understanding and awareness of the threat from terrorism and the effect it has on the aviation industry.
Funded by the Home Office and based at Stansted Airport, the AST consists of a small team of police officers and PCSOs from Essex Police. Every major UK airport now has its own team which liaises with local neighbourhood police officers and engages with residents and retailers in the airport as well as in surrounding villages.
Neighbourhood specialist officer, Pc Sean McHale, said: "We want to talk to people in and around the airport, from those passing through on flights to those who work here and live in local areas.
You may also want to watch:
"We' re very keen to speak to everyone in order to highlight the work of both teams and, more importanly, address any concerns they may have about security, crime or policing operations here at the airport."
The airport's NPT will join forces with the AST on Monday March 1 from 10am to 3pm in Zone B of the terminal building in a bid to talk with more people.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40