Stansted Airport showcases 100 vacancies at free jobs fair
STANSTED Airport is showcasing 100 vacancies at a free jobs fair on Thursday, November 8.
The event, organised by the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, is open to everyone and will offer information on the many different vacancies available across the airport, which is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, employing more than 10,000 people.
Companies attending include Dixons, The Body Shop, Yo! Sushi, Gourmet Hotdog, Crepe Affaire, restaurant group – TRG and Premier Inn.
This is the third airport jobs fair of 2012, following the success of similar events in April and June which attracted more than 500 jobseekers. Anita Garrard, manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, is anticipating similar numbers through the door next week.
“We’re expecting an extremely busy day with people coming from all parts of the region and London to see what opportunities there are at Stansted. Job seekers will be able to meet potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice, receive guidance about the application process and find out about our extensive free training opportunities,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, Witham MP Priti Patel visited Stansted to see how the airport continues to create new jobs and training opportunities despite the current difficult economic conditions. She called in on the academy to hear about the jobs available and details of the comprehensive skills and training programme, designed to help potential employees improve their abilities and gain employment.
“Stansted is an important local employer and the Airport’s Employment and Training Academy is doing a tremendous job helping to get people the skills they need to find work,” she said.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion
The airport offers airport workers a wide range of public transport discounts via the Airport Travel Card which encourages staff to use public transport by offering savings on standard rail, bus and coach fares. The airport also operates a staff car share scheme, which is one of the largest of its kind in Europe.
The free job fair is being held at Enterprise House between 10am to 3pm on Thursday, November 8. Free parking is available in the short stay car park. For more information call 01279 661007, email email@example.com, or visit www.stanstedairportacademy.com.