Stansted Airport spreads festive cheer to children’s hospice
STANSTED AIRPORT has helped spread some festive cheer to a local children’s hospice after donating almost �1,500 as part of its Christmas card donation scheme.
Instead of sending festive cards to its employees, the airport asked them which local good cause they wanted to support – and Little Havens Children’s Hospice was chosen.
Tanya King, corporate fundraiser for Little Havens, a hospice which cares for life-limited children and their families, said: ““What a fantastic way to spread some festive cheer this Christmas!
“We are extremely grateful to Stansted Airport for choosing to support its local children’s hospice.
“The care we provide to seriously ill children and their families is free of charge and we rely on kind donations such as this to ensure we can continue caring,” she added.
Money from the donation will fund nearly 90 hours of specialist nursing care at the hospice.
Stansted Airport’s corporate social responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “Sending Christmas cards each year adds up to a considerable sum and we felt the money could be put to better use elsewhere.
- 1 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 2 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 3 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 6 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
“Little Havens Children’s Hospice came top of a recent staff poll and we’re thrilled to lend our support to such a worthy cause.”
Since the Christmas card scheme began five years ago, more than �7,000 has been donated to local charities.