Stansted Airport spreads festive cheer to children’s hospice
STANSTED AIRPORT has helped spread some festive cheer to a local children’s hospice after donating almost �1,500 as part of its Christmas card donation scheme.
Instead of sending festive cards to its employees, the airport asked them which local good cause they wanted to support – and Little Havens Children’s Hospice was chosen.
Tanya King, corporate fundraiser for Little Havens, a hospice which cares for life-limited children and their families, said: ““What a fantastic way to spread some festive cheer this Christmas!
“We are extremely grateful to Stansted Airport for choosing to support its local children’s hospice.
“The care we provide to seriously ill children and their families is free of charge and we rely on kind donations such as this to ensure we can continue caring,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Money from the donation will fund nearly 90 hours of specialist nursing care at the hospice.
Stansted Airport’s corporate social responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “Sending Christmas cards each year adds up to a considerable sum and we felt the money could be put to better use elsewhere.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
“Little Havens Children’s Hospice came top of a recent staff poll and we’re thrilled to lend our support to such a worthy cause.”
Since the Christmas card scheme began five years ago, more than �7,000 has been donated to local charities.