Stansted Airport: SSE calls for fresh support against expansion plans
A PROTEST group is renewing its efforts to fight off development plans at Stansted Airport. The Stop Stansted Expansion Group has written to all of its members urging them to help with fundraising and volunteering as the campaign to halt construction of a
A PROTEST group is renewing its efforts to fight off development plans at Stansted Airport.
The Stop Stansted Expansion Group has written to all of its members urging them to help with fundraising and volunteering as the campaign to halt construction of a new runaway and terminal continues.
Chairman Peter Sanders wrote: "It could be 2015 before the outcome of any inquiry is known. We regard this as wholly unacceptable and are repeating our call for BAA to withdraw its second runway planning application without any further delay.
"Both the major opposition parties in the general election are committed to overturning the new runway plans for Stansted so BAA's position may become clearer when the election result is known.
You may also want to watch:
"With so much to be settled, SSE clearly still has much work to do. The influence we can bring to bear on the development of the new national policy statement on aviation, due out for consultation next year, is going to be key to our success.
"We therefore need your continued support as our largely volunteer team moves forward. I hope that with this in mind you will continue to give SSE your full support wherever possible. We are always pleased to hear from those with specialist knowledge or skills, or whose community contact would be useful in our ongoing campaign."
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
SSE is seeking help with the production of next year's community calendar and Christmas card for which it is looking for high quality photographs, preferably in digital format.
Mr Sanders added: "We are also keen to hear from those who could sell calendars at fixed points in shops, parish council offices or other outlets, as well as to join our door-to-door sales team. If you can help, please contact our campaign office.