Stansted Airport staff bike ride for charity, but never leave the terminal!
STAFF at Stansted Airport are pedalling the distance between London and Brighton without leaving the airport, as they raise cash for Macmillan Cancer Support.
On Wednesday (August 25) workers began cycling for 15 minutes each on exercise bikes between 8am and 8pm in the terminal building. They hoped to cover 54 miles – the equivalent distance of the iconic London to Brighton run.
Speaking at the event organiser Kerry Briars from Macmillan Cancer Support said: “There’s was a fantastic atmosphere in Stansted’s terminal today and the passengers passing through have been so generous.”
Steve Oldhamstead, a personal trainer from the airport’s PACE heath club, is pictured cycling during his 15 minute stint. The club, which is based at the Stansted’s Radisson Hotel, donated the bike as part of the event.
Also pictured (L to R) are Macmillan’s Graham Craker and Vicky Gannon, Stansted’s Corporate Responsibility Manager Marcella M’Rabety, PACE Health Club personal trainer Steve Oldhamstead, Stansted’s head of airport communications Graeme Wade, Organiser Kerry Briar (front row with collection bucket) from Macmillan.
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer. They provide practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care. For more information visit macmillan.org.uk.
TO find out how much they collected and for more news and views visit dunmowbroadcast24.co.uk
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 9 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 10 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden