Stansted Airport station to benefit from free wi-fi
CUSTOMERS at Stansted Airport station are amongst the first to benefit from free wi-fi at a Greater Anglia station.
The train operator is working with The Cloud to introduce free wi-fi at 100 stations across the region.
The service is now available at Shenfield, Stratford, Chelmsford and Stansted Airport station and it will be rolled out at further stations in the region over the next few months, meaning visitors will be able to access the fast, free internet connection for anything from e-mail access to web browsing.
The project comes as Greater Anglia looks to deliver on its franchise commitments, from improved information provision to station facilities and train services.
Customer service director Andrew Goodrum said: “Since taking over the franchise in February we have been focusing our efforts on improving customer service. Offering our customers free wi-fi is an important part of this as we recognise that the internet is a vital part of people’s everyday lives.
“We are seeing a huge number of passengers using mobile devices and wanted to provide them with a fast, reliable wi-fi so they can work, shop or browse easily. Working with The Cloud, we’ll be able to achieve this and immediately make a positive impact on our customers’ journeys.”
Greater Anglia manages some of the UK’s busiest stations, by using The Cloud’s free wi-fi, customers will experience much faster browsing times than previously afforded by 3G.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 3 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 4 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 5 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 6 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
Vince Russell, managing director at The Cloud, said: “Our unique user-base has doubled over the past 6 months showing there’s a real demand for Wi-Fi at busy high street locations and transport hubs around the UK.
“To keep their customers satisfied, Greater Anglia needs a fast and reliable internet connection, which The Cloud wi-fi will provide; ensuring each person passing through the stations can enjoy the best journey possible.”
Greater Anglia customers will see The Cloud service is available on their wi-fi enabled devices, which will enable them to use the wi-fi, for free, for one hour a day at the participating stations. BSkyB customers will have free unlimited access to the wi-fi at participating stations.