Stansted Airport voted best in the world for low-cost airlines
LONDON Stansted Airport was named the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines at the World Airport Awards.
It is the third successive year that the airport, now part of Manchester Airports Group (M.A.G), topped the poll of 12.1 million passengers in the annual SKYTRAX airport customer survey.
The survey focused on all aspects of the passenger journey and captured the opinions of over 108 different nationalities at 395 airports across the world.
Collecting the award on behalf of Stansted Airport at the ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland, Communications Director, Will Parkes, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement and a very proud moment for everyone at Stansted to be voted the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines for the third year in a row.
“It’s made all the more special as the award is decided by the people that matter the most in the aviation world and the users of airports across the globe; our passengers.
“Stansted is now beginning a new era as part of M.A.G and there are very ambitious plans to develop and improve the airport. This includes significant investment plans to re-vamp the award winning terminal and build on our past success and excellent operational track record.
“Stansted already serves around 150 destinations across Europe but the focus now is to grow passenger numbers and broaden the route network with our existing customers and by attracting new airlines to the airport.
- 1 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 5 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 6 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 8 Former teaching assistant is jailed
- 9 School activities and sports in pictures
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
“It’s fantastic to be once again recognised as a world-leading airport, but our determination is to make Stansted even better in the months and years ahead.”