Stansted Airport voted best in the world for low-cost airlines
LONDON Stansted Airport was named the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines at the World Airport Awards.
It is the third successive year that the airport, now part of Manchester Airports Group (M.A.G), topped the poll of 12.1 million passengers in the annual SKYTRAX airport customer survey.
The survey focused on all aspects of the passenger journey and captured the opinions of over 108 different nationalities at 395 airports across the world.
Collecting the award on behalf of Stansted Airport at the ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland, Communications Director, Will Parkes, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement and a very proud moment for everyone at Stansted to be voted the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines for the third year in a row.
“It’s made all the more special as the award is decided by the people that matter the most in the aviation world and the users of airports across the globe; our passengers.
You may also want to watch:
“Stansted is now beginning a new era as part of M.A.G and there are very ambitious plans to develop and improve the airport. This includes significant investment plans to re-vamp the award winning terminal and build on our past success and excellent operational track record.
“Stansted already serves around 150 destinations across Europe but the focus now is to grow passenger numbers and broaden the route network with our existing customers and by attracting new airlines to the airport.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Photographer 'shocked' after praise from hundreds of people
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
“It’s fantastic to be once again recognised as a world-leading airport, but our determination is to make Stansted even better in the months and years ahead.”