Stansted Airport voted best in the world for low-cost airlines
LONDON Stansted Airport was named the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines at the World Airport Awards.
It is the third successive year that the airport, now part of Manchester Airports Group (M.A.G), topped the poll of 12.1 million passengers in the annual SKYTRAX airport customer survey.
The survey focused on all aspects of the passenger journey and captured the opinions of over 108 different nationalities at 395 airports across the world.
Collecting the award on behalf of Stansted Airport at the ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland, Communications Director, Will Parkes, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement and a very proud moment for everyone at Stansted to be voted the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines for the third year in a row.
“It’s made all the more special as the award is decided by the people that matter the most in the aviation world and the users of airports across the globe; our passengers.
You may also want to watch:
“Stansted is now beginning a new era as part of M.A.G and there are very ambitious plans to develop and improve the airport. This includes significant investment plans to re-vamp the award winning terminal and build on our past success and excellent operational track record.
“Stansted already serves around 150 destinations across Europe but the focus now is to grow passenger numbers and broaden the route network with our existing customers and by attracting new airlines to the airport.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
“It’s fantastic to be once again recognised as a world-leading airport, but our determination is to make Stansted even better in the months and years ahead.”