Stansted Airport voted the ‘world’s best’
STANSTED Airport has been named ‘world’s best low-cost airport’ at the 2011 World Airports Awards in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The UK’s third busiest airport scooped the best in category prize in the annual Skytrax airport customer survey, based on the feedback of 11.38 million passengers, across 100 different nationalities and covering 240 airports worldwide.
Welcoming the award, Stansted’s Managing Director Nick Barton said: “I’m absolutely delighted Stansted has been named as the best low-cost airport in the world, especially as the award is decided by those who matter the most - the passenger.
“Stansted is firmly established as a world leader at serving the low-cost airline sector that has transformed air travel.
“We have a route network that stretches to around 150 destinations with Stansted now offering more direct scheduled European flights than any other airport in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“We are extremely proud Stansted is home to airlines such as Ryanair, easyJet, germanwings and airberlin, plus AirAsia X, one of the new breed of long-haul, low-cost airlines.
“These are some of the most profitable and innovative airlines in the world, operating modern and efficient aircraft fleets, and who continue to grow and open new markets. “It’s thanks to the help and support of our excellent airline partners that we have gained this global honour and recognition.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
“The airport has just celebrated the 20th anniversary of HM The Queen opening our iconic terminal building in 1991.
“This award is a fitting tribute to the world class airport infrastructure developed by Lord Foster that has been brilliantly complimented by the modern efficiencies and technological improvements achieved by the low-cost airline sector.”
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at email@example.com