Stansted Business Forum launches food vouchers scheme for families in need this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Business Forum has announced the launch of its food voucher initiative to support families in need over Christmas.
At the group’s monthly business breakfast meeting on November 1, members gave their support to the scheme to donate money and support to families.
The aim is to raise enough funds to help over 50 families who live in Stansted.
Uttlesford district councillor Iris Evans, also treasurer of the Stansted Business Forum, said “We know through our contact with local schools and agencies, that there are many families in Stansted who are experiencing financial hardship.
“We really want to make sure that these families have that extra bit of money to help them out at a very expensive time of year.”
Shed added: “We will be giving £20 food vouchers for families to spend in shops in Stansted. These shops will include the local butcher, greengrocer and mini supermarket. The food vouchers will be distributed through our local schools and agencies at the beginning of December so that families can plan for their Christmas”.
Peter James, of Murdochs Property Shop and secretary of the forum, said “We now have over 50 members who regularly attend our businesses breakfasts and support our campaign to ‘Think Local and Buy Local’.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 10 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
“I believe it is very important that local businesses give something back to the community and fundraising for families in need is an ideal way of doing this”.
For more information about the Stansted Business Forum, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01279 815848.