Stansted Business Forum launches food vouchers scheme for families in need this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Business Forum has announced the launch of its food voucher initiative to support families in need over Christmas.
At the group’s monthly business breakfast meeting on November 1, members gave their support to the scheme to donate money and support to families.
The aim is to raise enough funds to help over 50 families who live in Stansted.
Uttlesford district councillor Iris Evans, also treasurer of the Stansted Business Forum, said “We know through our contact with local schools and agencies, that there are many families in Stansted who are experiencing financial hardship.
“We really want to make sure that these families have that extra bit of money to help them out at a very expensive time of year.”
You may also want to watch:
Shed added: “We will be giving £20 food vouchers for families to spend in shops in Stansted. These shops will include the local butcher, greengrocer and mini supermarket. The food vouchers will be distributed through our local schools and agencies at the beginning of December so that families can plan for their Christmas”.
Peter James, of Murdochs Property Shop and secretary of the forum, said “We now have over 50 members who regularly attend our businesses breakfasts and support our campaign to ‘Think Local and Buy Local’.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
“I believe it is very important that local businesses give something back to the community and fundraising for families in need is an ideal way of doing this”.
For more information about the Stansted Business Forum, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01279 815848.