Stansted care home is where the heart is, according to new manager
- Credit: Simon Jacobs
Residents will be at the heart of everything we do, says the new manager at Stansted’s £6million care home, Allison Squires.
Ms Squires has been appointed by Care UK to ensure the smooth-running of the purpose-built home in Stansted Mountfitchet, which opens its doors to residents in October.
Mountfichet House, which should create up to 100 jobs, offers a range of care for older people including residential, nursing and specialist dementia care, short term respite and palliative care.
An on-site chef, as well as vintage-themed cinema, hairdressing salon and coffee shop are also part of the complex.
“I am taking great pleasure in playing a part in commissioning the new home and getting it up and running as we head towards our opening,” said Ms Squires, whose career in the health and care industries spans 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be leading the way in ensuring our residents lead fulfilling lives, with activity based care, and I look forward to getting to know them and their families,” she said.
Visitors are able to take a look around a show suite, with viewings available by appointment. For more information, please email Allison.Squires@careuk.com or call Allison on 07580 601 088.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost