Stansted care home is where the heart is, according to new manager
- Credit: Simon Jacobs
Residents will be at the heart of everything we do, says the new manager at Stansted’s £6million care home, Allison Squires.
Ms Squires has been appointed by Care UK to ensure the smooth-running of the purpose-built home in Stansted Mountfitchet, which opens its doors to residents in October.
Mountfichet House, which should create up to 100 jobs, offers a range of care for older people including residential, nursing and specialist dementia care, short term respite and palliative care.
An on-site chef, as well as vintage-themed cinema, hairdressing salon and coffee shop are also part of the complex.
“I am taking great pleasure in playing a part in commissioning the new home and getting it up and running as we head towards our opening,” said Ms Squires, whose career in the health and care industries spans 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
“I will be leading the way in ensuring our residents lead fulfilling lives, with activity based care, and I look forward to getting to know them and their families,” she said.
Visitors are able to take a look around a show suite, with viewings available by appointment. For more information, please email Allison.Squires@careuk.com or call Allison on 07580 601 088.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 10 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig