Stansted Citylink coach to be launched from airport to Kings Cross
- Credit: Archant
The first direct, non-stop express coach service between Stansted Airport and Kings Cross St Pancras will be launched on Sunday, October 11
The concession has been won by ComfortDelGro Corporation after a competitive tendering process run by Stansted Airport.
The service will be called Stansted Citylink. Adult tickets will be £10 one way or £17 return and are on sale online at www.stanstedcitylink.com. The Coach Station is a short covered walk into the Airport Terminal.
The year round service will operate 24 hours a day, at mostly half hourly intervals. Journey time is expected to average 70 minutes, depending on traffic, and drivers will be able to vary their routes to ensure the fastest arrival time, including making use of bus lanes.
Jaspal Singh, CEO ComfortDelGro (UK and Ireland) said: “We are excited to be working in the hub of London’s fastest growing airport where 50 per cent of travellers currently travel to and from the airport on public transport.”
He added: “Staff will be on hand to help customers load and unload their luggage. Passengers will travel in comfort, enjoying ample legroom, free Wi-Fi and informative videos. There will also be disabled access and a toilet on board.”
Stansted Citylink will be operating a fleet of new 51 seater Mercedes Tourismo coaches, easily recognisable with their distinctive blue and yellow branding.
- 1 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 3 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 5 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 6 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 7 Drugs, cash and handguns seized in Essex
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 10 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
The London Kings Cross St Pancras terminal will be at St Pancras International station (Midland Road, Bus Stop S), within walking distance of London’s busiest main line train terminals and six underground train lines as well as bus routes.
ComfortDelGro, one of the world’s largest land transport companies, operates in seven countries. In London it has 1,700 red buses and Citylink scheduled coach services in Scotland and Ireland.