Stansted daily to Asia, Australia and beyond
JUST six weeks after launch, AirAsia X has announced that it s low-cost, long-haul connection between Stansted and Kuala Lumpur will move to daily operations from July 1. Stansted s commercial and development director, Nick Barton, said the new s
JUST six weeks after launch, AirAsia X has announced that it's low-cost, long-haul connection between Stansted and Kuala Lumpur will move to daily operations from July 1.
Stansted's commercial and development director, Nick Barton, said the new service would "revolutionise" long-haul travel.
"Advanced bookings indicated how popular the route would be especially as it links Stansted, Europe's point-to-point airport of choice for low-cost travel, to AirAsia's Kuala Lumpur hub and onward low-cost connections to Australia, China and India," he said.
"Over 10,000 passengers have flown so far and with AirAsia X's ambition to continue growing frequency, this route is fast establishing itself as a leading player for flight connections between the UK, Asia and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
"AirAsia X's aspiration is to make the world smaller and cheaper for everyone."
AirAsia X chief executive officer, Azran Osman-Rani, said: "Our aim has always been to open up travel for all. The popularity of the London-KL route is further testament to the pent-up demand for long-haul travel, provided the fares are low and the quality is high.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 3 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 George Peasgood doubling up at Paralympics with cycling selection following triathlon call
"That is the combination that we at AirAsia X are offering our guests. We are also offering an affordable and alternative version of the 'Kangaroo Route' - all the way from London via KL to Melbourne, Perth and the Gold Coast in Australia.
"We knew this service would be popular but to increase the frequency so soon is beyond our expectations.
"The best part is that these super low fares are even applicable during the peak July to August summer season. Business travellers, students and families are all taking advantage of our low fares even in these challenging economic times."
For further information on the new AirAsia X services to Kuala Lumpur and beyond from Stansted Airport visit www.airasia.com or www.stanstedairport.com