Stansted firefighter takes on London Marathon and a half marathon for Essex Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
If one marathon isn’t hard enough, a Stansted firefighter fancies going the extra mile – or 13.1 miles – for charity.
Elliott Foster is taking on the Silverstone Half Marathon on Sunday, March 13, ahead of the London Marathon on Sunday, April 24, to raise money for the Essex Air Ambulance.
The 28-year-old, who started at Stansted in 2014 after working at North Weald Airfield and as an on-call firefighter at Ongar, is looking to raise £2,000.
Elliott said: “I have run a couple of half marathons in the past but I’ve never attempted a full marathon. I’m excited yet apprehensive about the challenge.
“I’m looking forward to the atmosphere and the crowd during the London Marathon and I can’t wait to run on a Formula One track.
You may also want to watch:
“I know from experience as a firefighter and as a former control tower worker at North Weald Airfield of the heroism and life-saving work of the Essex Air Ambulance.
“By running 39 miles, I hope I can raise vital funds and awareness about such a worthy cause.”
- 1 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 2 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 5 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 9 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 10 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
To donate to Elliott’s charity runs, visit www.justgiving.com/elliott-foster/.