Stansted firefighter takes on London Marathon and a half marathon for Essex Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
If one marathon isn’t hard enough, a Stansted firefighter fancies going the extra mile – or 13.1 miles – for charity.
Elliott Foster is taking on the Silverstone Half Marathon on Sunday, March 13, ahead of the London Marathon on Sunday, April 24, to raise money for the Essex Air Ambulance.
The 28-year-old, who started at Stansted in 2014 after working at North Weald Airfield and as an on-call firefighter at Ongar, is looking to raise £2,000.
Elliott said: “I have run a couple of half marathons in the past but I’ve never attempted a full marathon. I’m excited yet apprehensive about the challenge.
“I’m looking forward to the atmosphere and the crowd during the London Marathon and I can’t wait to run on a Formula One track.
“I know from experience as a firefighter and as a former control tower worker at North Weald Airfield of the heroism and life-saving work of the Essex Air Ambulance.
“By running 39 miles, I hope I can raise vital funds and awareness about such a worthy cause.”
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
To donate to Elliott’s charity runs, visit www.justgiving.com/elliott-foster/.