Stansted: First-time Virgin London Marathon runner boosted by quiz efforts
- Credit: Archant
FIRST-TIME marathon runner Kevin Mosby is used to dealing in money in his day job and will be hoping to raise plenty of it when he supports St Clare Hospice in the London Marathon.
His fundraising total has already been boosted by a quiz night at Takeley Village Hall which was attended by 100 people and raised £1,128. Nockolds Solicitors, of Bishop’s Stortford, donated the first prize, a case of fine wine.
Mr Mosby, 40, of Bentfield Causeway, Stansted, said: “The evening was an incredible show of kindness from the community and it knocked us sideways!”
Mr Mosby will be running in memory of his father-in-law David Anderson, who died at his home in Takeley. During his illness, Mr Anderson and his wife Jean were visited by specialist nurses from the St Clare palliative community team.
“They gave incredible support to David and my mother-in-law last year as we sadly lost David to cancer aged 62,” said Mr Mosby.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve seen first-hand the support they give to families during what is the most awful and difficult of times imaginable. I think St Clare is an amazing and very important local charity.”
While Mr Mosby has not entered a 26-mile race before, he competed in the Royal Parks Half Marathon in London last October also supporting St Clare.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
A wealth management advisor for Lloyds TSB Wealth Management Service covering the local area, he has been doing plenty of running as part of his training and has had lots of sponsorship support via his fundraising page.
• ARE you running in this year’s London Marathon? We want to hear from you. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01799 513000.