Stansted girl, 12, performs on smash hit TV game show Keep it in the Family
- Credit: Archant
A Stansted Mountfitchet schoolgirl made her television debut on Saturday (August 22), performing on smash hit ITV game show Keep It in the Family.
Amelia Farrell, 12, of Bentfield Road, performed a rendition of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious for the programme, which was watched by more than 2.5 million people.
Amelia’s musical theatre group, the Spirit Young Performers Company, rehearsed for three hours a day for five days over June half-term, with filming taking place on Saturday June 13 at Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire.
Amelia said: “It was so fun and everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had to keep it quiet at first, and that was really hard.
“I was a bit nervous as I wanted to look alright on TV, but the performance went really well. We had to make some changes to the routine on the day as there wasn’t enough room in the studio, but we all loved the experience, it was really cool.”
The dance company, for eight to 14 year-olds, only started a year and a half ago, but has already built up a large YouTube following of more than 20,000 subscribers, which is how they were scouted for the programme.
Amelia has performed with the group from the beginning and travels to their base in Camden, north London, to practice every Sunday.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
She said: “I love performing musical theatre, and really hope to perform in the West End one day, that would be my dream.”