Stansted helps Gatwick’s snow stranded passengers
THOUSANDS of snow stranded passengers due to travel from Gatwick Airport today have jetted off from London Stansted after extra flights were laid on.
Thomas Cook Airlines operated flights to Calgary and the Dominican Republic, while Cubana, Air Zimbabwe and Norwegian also transferred flights to Stansted.
Stansted has remained open during bad weather and Martin Lyall, the airport’s operations director, praised the performance of staff.
“We’re not through the bad weather yet but it’s been a fantastic effort so far to keep Stansted’s runway open this week,” he said.
“Much credit has to go to the well trained snow teams, and the dedication of all airport staff.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll do everything in our power to prepare for periods of adverse weather and react as quickly and efficiently as possible to ensure that we maintain business as usual.”
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash