Stansted: Meet the Buyers offers chance to pitch for airport contracts
A BUSINESS “speed dating” event which last year generated deals in the east of England worth an estimated �1.5million is set to be repeated later this month.
The Stansted Airport Meet the Buyers event, run by Business and Enterprise Group and Marketing Kinetics, is based on the quick-fire speed dating concept, enabling firms to pitch their products and services to a group of carefully selected buyers.
This year’s event takes place at the Hilton Hotel, Stansted, on Thursday September 27, with more than 30 buyers confirmed including infrastructure and service provider Amey, support services giant Catillion plc and electricity provider UK Power Networks.
Nick Barton, Stansted Airport’s managing director, said: “Bookings for this year have been fantastic and we have over 30 buyers confirmed to participate. However we do have a few spaces available for suppliers, so there’s still time to sign up.
“Last year’s Meet the Buyers saw over 600 face-to-face meetings between various businesses from the creative sector to civil engineering and it is estimated that the event generated over �1.5 million new business orders for local firms.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last decade the event has generated tens of millions of pounds in new sales and business opportunities for local and regional companies.
“This is an incredible achievement and proven to be an invaluable business and networking event for both buyers and suppliers from across the East of England.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
Businesses interested in attending Meet the Buyers, as either a buyer or supplier, should contact Business and Enterprise Group on 020 7700 0008, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit stanstedmtb.com.