Stansted: Meet the Buyers offers chance to pitch for airport contracts
A BUSINESS “speed dating” event which last year generated deals in the east of England worth an estimated �1.5million is set to be repeated later this month.
The Stansted Airport Meet the Buyers event, run by Business and Enterprise Group and Marketing Kinetics, is based on the quick-fire speed dating concept, enabling firms to pitch their products and services to a group of carefully selected buyers.
This year’s event takes place at the Hilton Hotel, Stansted, on Thursday September 27, with more than 30 buyers confirmed including infrastructure and service provider Amey, support services giant Catillion plc and electricity provider UK Power Networks.
Nick Barton, Stansted Airport’s managing director, said: “Bookings for this year have been fantastic and we have over 30 buyers confirmed to participate. However we do have a few spaces available for suppliers, so there’s still time to sign up.
“Last year’s Meet the Buyers saw over 600 face-to-face meetings between various businesses from the creative sector to civil engineering and it is estimated that the event generated over �1.5 million new business orders for local firms.
“Over the last decade the event has generated tens of millions of pounds in new sales and business opportunities for local and regional companies.
“This is an incredible achievement and proven to be an invaluable business and networking event for both buyers and suppliers from across the East of England.”
- 1 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 2 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 3 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 6 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
Businesses interested in attending Meet the Buyers, as either a buyer or supplier, should contact Business and Enterprise Group on 020 7700 0008, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit stanstedmtb.com.