Stansted named best low-cost airport for second year in a row
STANSTED has been named by passengers as the world’s best low-cost airport for the second year running.
The Uttlesford transport hub received the accolade at the Skytrax 2012 World Airport Awards in Vienna yesterday (April 19).
Edward Plaisted of Skytrax said: “We congratulate Stansted on winning the award for Best Low-Cost Airport for the second successive year. This is a fantastic achievement in what is an increasingly competitive market.
“Passengers were positive about the core product and service at London Stansted Airport, and both the staff and management should be justly proud of this success.”
Around 12 million travellers from over 160 countries took part in the world’s largest, annual airport passenger satisfaction survey to decide the winners.
You may also want to watch:
The survey evaluated the total passenger experience across 39 airport service and product features, from arrival at an airport, through transit and departure processes to the boarding gate.
There was also good news for another UK airport, with London Luton named runner-up. Brussels Charleroi took 3rd place and the Kuala Lumpur LCCT 4th. Frankfurt Hahn Airport completed the top five.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex