Stansted: Ryanair and easyJet report increased passenger numbers
- Credit: Archant
Budget airline rivals easyJet and Ryanair both enjoyed increased passenger numbers last month, according to figures out today.
EasyJet carried 4.23million people in February, a 2.9 per cent rise on February last year while Ryanair’s passenger numbers for last month grew 7 per cent to 4.5m.
EasyJet’s planes flew 90.7 per cent full in February compared with 90.5 per cent in February last year and Ryanair’s planes were 78 per cent full, up from 77 per cent for February 2013.
Robin Kiely of Ryanair said: “Ryanair traffic grew by 300,000 to 4.5m customers in February, thanks to the success of our lower fares, our easier to use website and our recent customer service improvements including allocated seats for all customers and the use of personal electronic devices on all flights.
“Further improvements will be rolled out over the coming months as Ryanair continues to lower prices and improve our industry leading customer service.”
Ryanair and easyJet are both major operators out of Stansted and have reached new long-term agreements with owner MAG, which acquired the airport from the former BAA group a year ago, to increase capacity there,
Last week, Ryanair announced extra flights on nine Stansted routes, to Bologna, Dublin, Lanzarote, Marrakech, Paphos, Riga, Salzburg, Santiago & Tours, from this summer.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 6 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 10 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
These increases are in addition to 13 new Stansted routes already announced by Ryanair, to Athens, Basel, Bordeaux, Brive, Bucharest, Comiso, Dortmund, Lisbon, Osijek, Podgorica, Prague, Rabat and Skelleftea, which will start in April, and extra flights on its Berlin, Bremen, Eindhoven, Knock and Milan routes.