Stansted’s day centre celebrates 30th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
STANSTED Day Centre celebrated its 30th anniversary with a weekend of events organised especially to commemorate the occasion.
The festivities began when the centre in Chapel Hill, also known as the Crafton Room, treated regulars to wine and a raffle with their Friday meal.
A summer fayre was held the following day which was attended not only by regulars, but also by residents and former users who had travelled from further afield.
Manager Julie Beck said: “It was lovely to do something for our regular customers to mark the occasion.
“We had 48 people here for the Friday lunch and they all had a great time as they helped us to toast the next 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather was lovely for the summer fayre and there was something for everyone – cream teas, home-made cakes, a raffle and a bric-a-brac stall.
“Many of the local residents who came along were surprised to discover what the day centre was like and what we are able to offer here.”
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
The celebrations came to a conclusion with a Sunday buffet lunch where 40 helpers past and present met up to reminisce before a hearty lunch.
The centre provides a meeting point for those aged over 55 who enjoy socialising or would like to share a home-cooked meal in friendly company.
Anyone who would like more information on the activities available at the centre or wants to book a meal should contact Julie on 01279 815091 or via stansteddaycentre.org.uk