Stansted’s Greenair cars announced as a finalist in The One competition 2013
- Credit: Archant
A Stansted-based, environmentally conscious taxi firm has been announced as one of the eight finalists of this year’s The One competition – and is now in the running to win a prize package of business support worth over £30,000.
The competition is open to start-up business in East Anglia.
GreenAir Cars was formed in 2011 by father-and-son co-founders Martin and Justin Ott. It is the first transport company in the area to remove more carbon emissions from the environment than it creates, making it ‘carbon positive’.
The pre-bookable car service specialises in long runs and airport transfers for business travellers to and from south Cambridgeshire, Uttlesford, north Essex and west Suffolk. It uses either electric hybrid vehicles or cars with strong eco-credentials.
Justin said: “We are very proud of our green credentials and as such have partnered with the Wildlife Trust in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire to support their Great Fen project.
You may also want to watch:
“Donations from GreenAir Cars will help restore areas of farmland back to wild fen. Our type of business can be damaging to the environment and by working with the Trust we are giving something back to the community in which we live and work.”
He added: “We are absolutely thrilled to be a finalist in The One competition 2013 and are excited by the potential of working with an array of business support providers.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
The judging of the eight finalists will take place tomorrow (Tuesday, November 26) at Layer Marney Tower. For information, visit greenaircars.com.