Stansted’s Greenair cars announced as a finalist in The One competition 2013
- Credit: Archant
A Stansted-based, environmentally conscious taxi firm has been announced as one of the eight finalists of this year’s The One competition – and is now in the running to win a prize package of business support worth over £30,000.
The competition is open to start-up business in East Anglia.
GreenAir Cars was formed in 2011 by father-and-son co-founders Martin and Justin Ott. It is the first transport company in the area to remove more carbon emissions from the environment than it creates, making it ‘carbon positive’.
The pre-bookable car service specialises in long runs and airport transfers for business travellers to and from south Cambridgeshire, Uttlesford, north Essex and west Suffolk. It uses either electric hybrid vehicles or cars with strong eco-credentials.
Justin said: “We are very proud of our green credentials and as such have partnered with the Wildlife Trust in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire to support their Great Fen project.
You may also want to watch:
“Donations from GreenAir Cars will help restore areas of farmland back to wild fen. Our type of business can be damaging to the environment and by working with the Trust we are giving something back to the community in which we live and work.”
He added: “We are absolutely thrilled to be a finalist in The One competition 2013 and are excited by the potential of working with an array of business support providers.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
The judging of the eight finalists will take place tomorrow (Tuesday, November 26) at Layer Marney Tower. For information, visit greenaircars.com.