Stansted’s Greenair cars announced as a finalist in The One competition 2013
- Credit: Archant
A Stansted-based, environmentally conscious taxi firm has been announced as one of the eight finalists of this year’s The One competition – and is now in the running to win a prize package of business support worth over £30,000.
The competition is open to start-up business in East Anglia.
GreenAir Cars was formed in 2011 by father-and-son co-founders Martin and Justin Ott. It is the first transport company in the area to remove more carbon emissions from the environment than it creates, making it ‘carbon positive’.
The pre-bookable car service specialises in long runs and airport transfers for business travellers to and from south Cambridgeshire, Uttlesford, north Essex and west Suffolk. It uses either electric hybrid vehicles or cars with strong eco-credentials.
Justin said: “We are very proud of our green credentials and as such have partnered with the Wildlife Trust in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire to support their Great Fen project.
“Donations from GreenAir Cars will help restore areas of farmland back to wild fen. Our type of business can be damaging to the environment and by working with the Trust we are giving something back to the community in which we live and work.”
He added: “We are absolutely thrilled to be a finalist in The One competition 2013 and are excited by the potential of working with an array of business support providers.”
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 5 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 6 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 8 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 9 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 10 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
The judging of the eight finalists will take place tomorrow (Tuesday, November 26) at Layer Marney Tower. For information, visit greenaircars.com.