Stansted’s Tesco Express creates new local jobs
A NEW Tesco Express store opening soon on Cambridge Road, Stansted has received approximately 100 applications for its 16 new jobs.
Tesco recruited staff from the area to work in the new store, and had a pool of CV’s and applications from other recent store openings.
Store manager Martin Copping said: “I was thrilled by the response we received to our recruitment drive. In this time of economic uncertainty, it is great that we are able to create jobs and help get people back into work.
“I am really pleased with my new team and I’m looking forward to working with my new staff. We are delighted to be opening a Tesco Express store on Cambridge Road, and look forward to playing an active role in the local community.”
The store will celebrate its launch on Saturday, when Mandy Fitchett, coordinator for Spangle’s Children’s Centre will be the guest of honour and will cut the ribbon to declare the new store officially open.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the opening celebrations, Mr Copping will present the charity with a cheque for �500. The store chose to donate to Spangle’s Children’s Centre as part of its commitment to supporting the community.
“Were delighted to be able to support Spangle’s Children’s Centre, as they do such great work for the local community,” added Mr Copping.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
“We are really glad that Mandy is coming to launch the new store and join in the celebrations with us.
“My store staff and I are looking forward to welcoming customers into the new store and we hope that Tesco will become a key part of the local community.”
Regular store opening hours will be 6am to 11pm, seven days a week. The store will have a cash machine, bakery, beers, wines and spirits and two self-service tills.