Stansted school is ‘on the up’ says Uttlesford MP
- Credit: Archant
A Stansted school is “on the up”, according to the district’s MP, who paid a visit to Forest Hall last Friday.
Sir Alan Haselhurst was joined by Councillor Ray Gooding, county councillor for education and lifelong learning, as they discovered the changes being made at the school since it became part of the Burnt Mill Co-operative Academy Trust (BMAT) in February.
“The school has had a long and sad history which has been such a shame,” said Sir Alan.
“I cannot become an expert on the school after just a couple of hours, but I can already feel there’s a difference here.
“The school is on the up. That is the message people need to hear. As I knock on doors over the coming weeks, I shall be telling people what I have seen here today.”
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were invited to present certificates of commendation at the end of term celebration assembly before taking a tour of the school.
“I was really proud to invite visitors to see our students at Forest Hall School celebrating their achievements over the spring term,” said headteacher Stephen Hehir.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 10 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
“They are focused on their learning and aspire to achieve not only their best but the highest awards. I am proud to be the head of this school and it is a privilege to showcase to outside visitors just how successful students at Forest Hall School really are!”
Councillor Gooding added: “What we have seen here today is really impressive. Students are really paying attention in lessons and behaving well.”