Stansted scoops best airport award for the fourth year running
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport is flying high after being crowned the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines for the fourth year in a row at the World Airport Awards.
The airport topped the poll of nearly 13 million passengers in the annual SKYTRAX airport customer survey. The survey focused on all aspects of the passenger journey and captured the opinions of over 110 different nationalities at 410 airports across the world.
At the ceremony in Barcelona, Stansted’s managing director, Andrew Harrison, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement and a very proud moment for everyone at Stansted to be voted the world’s best airport for low-cost airlines for the fourth year in a row.
“The airport has been at the heart of low-cost travel revolution for the last 15 years and this award demonstrates we are still the undisputed world leader at serving this growing and vibrant airline sector.
“Stansted has returned to growth over the past year as more and more passengers recognise that the airport is the best way to get to and from Europe. The good news for passengers is that Stansted has plenty of room to grow, and with a major investment project underway to transform our terminal, this really is an exciting time for the airport.”
You may also want to watch:
The World Airport Awards ceremony took place on March 26 in Barcelona as part of Passenger Terminal Expo, the world’s leading international airport terminal conference and exhibition.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 4 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers