Stansted services disrupted as person hit by train
STANSTED Express rail services continue to be disrupted this morning due to a person being hit by a train.
The incident happened between Broxbourne and Harlow Town and are all lines are blocked.
Operator Greater Anglia has replaced trains with buses between Bishops Stortford and Broxbourne but has no estimated time for the resumption of normal services.
Journey times have been extended by up to 60 minutes and several trains running through the area have been either cancelled or delayed by the incident.
Signalling problems at Chelmsford are also adding to the disruption.
Earlier problems were caused this morning by a broken down train between Harold Wood and Shenfield, which also caused delays and train cancellations.
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'