Stansted services disrupted as person hit by train
STANSTED Express rail services continue to be disrupted this morning due to a person being hit by a train.
The incident happened between Broxbourne and Harlow Town and are all lines are blocked.
Operator Greater Anglia has replaced trains with buses between Bishops Stortford and Broxbourne but has no estimated time for the resumption of normal services.
Journey times have been extended by up to 60 minutes and several trains running through the area have been either cancelled or delayed by the incident.
Signalling problems at Chelmsford are also adding to the disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier problems were caused this morning by a broken down train between Harold Wood and Shenfield, which also caused delays and train cancellations.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion