Stansted services disrupted as person hit by train
STANSTED Express rail services continue to be disrupted this morning due to a person being hit by a train.
The incident happened between Broxbourne and Harlow Town and are all lines are blocked.
Operator Greater Anglia has replaced trains with buses between Bishops Stortford and Broxbourne but has no estimated time for the resumption of normal services.
Journey times have been extended by up to 60 minutes and several trains running through the area have been either cancelled or delayed by the incident.
Signalling problems at Chelmsford are also adding to the disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier problems were caused this morning by a broken down train between Harold Wood and Shenfield, which also caused delays and train cancellations.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 6 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 7 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 10 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan