Stansted services disrupted as person hit by train
STANSTED Express rail services continue to be disrupted this morning due to a person being hit by a train.
The incident happened between Broxbourne and Harlow Town and are all lines are blocked.
Operator Greater Anglia has replaced trains with buses between Bishops Stortford and Broxbourne but has no estimated time for the resumption of normal services.
Journey times have been extended by up to 60 minutes and several trains running through the area have been either cancelled or delayed by the incident.
Signalling problems at Chelmsford are also adding to the disruption.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier problems were caused this morning by a broken down train between Harold Wood and Shenfield, which also caused delays and train cancellations.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings