Stansted welcomes MP on fact-finding visit
- Credit: Archant
Transport Select Committee member, Jim Fitzpatrick MP, visited Stansted Airport this week on a fact-finding trip as part of his Industry and Parliament Trust (IPT) Fellowship – the charity that works to promote mutual understanding between Parliament and business.
The visit, on Wednesday (February 19), included a behind the scenes guided tour of the airfield and busy freight operation and a look around the airport’s £80 million terminal transformation project.
He also spent time with airport officials to hear about how, under new ownership of MAG, Stansted is focusing on securing long-haul services and making the case for investment to improve the rail links.
Mr Fitzpatrick said: “It was fantastic to see first-hand the operational success of Stansted as part of my IPT Fellowship in aviation and logistics.
“The airport continues to provide an excellent service to the South-East and beyond and I have no doubt it will go from strength to strength in the years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Chris Wiggan, Stansted Airport’s head of public affairs and sustainability, said: “The airport was delighted to welcome Mr Fitzpatrick and we hope that he left us better informed about how Stansted operates.
“The visit was a great opportunity to showcase the significant investment the airport is making to improve facilities and provide an update on our work to deliver an even greater choice of destinations for our passengers.”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Fellowships are bespoke placements in industry for MPs, MEPs and Peers structured around a set of learning objectives decided by each parliamentarian at the beginning of their programme.
Mr Fitzpartick has completed thirteen days of his Fellowship so far, focusing on aviation, shipping and logistics. He hopes to develop a further understanding towards the future and sustainability of aviation and shipping in the UK.