Stansted: World Duty Free, WH Smith and Dixons Travel to lead retail offer at new-look airport
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport has revealed the line-up of retail brands that have secured units under the first phase of the multi-million pound transformation of its international departure lounge.
World Duty Free, WH Smith and Dixons Travel will open new stores within the next fortnight, with other confirmed retailers including Boots, The Body Shop, Fat Face, JD Sports, Rituals and Glorious Britain due to start trading in the following weeks.
Beth Brewster, retail director for Manchester Airports Group (MAG), which acquired Stansted in spring last year, said: “I’m delighted to finally unveil the leading retail travel brands that have secured their position in the first phase of this multi-million pound development and to give our passengers and airline partners a glimpse of what the future looks like.
“MAG have a clear ambition to not only improve services and facilities at Stansted but to make it the best airport in London and I’m very proud to see the major step changes taking place and coming to life.”
Earlier this month, Stansted unveiled the food and drink line-up for the remodelled airport including well-known names such as Burger King, Pret A Manger, Starbucks and JD Wetherspoon and a range of new and up-coming brands, with the successful bidders having been chosen from among more than 70 tenders for the 12 available units.
You may also want to watch:
Details yet to be announced include a further 16 retail stores covering fashion, shoes, accessories and luxury goods which are due to follow next year.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal