Stansted: World Duty Free, WH Smith and Dixons Travel to lead retail offer at new-look airport
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport has revealed the line-up of retail brands that have secured units under the first phase of the multi-million pound transformation of its international departure lounge.
World Duty Free, WH Smith and Dixons Travel will open new stores within the next fortnight, with other confirmed retailers including Boots, The Body Shop, Fat Face, JD Sports, Rituals and Glorious Britain due to start trading in the following weeks.
Beth Brewster, retail director for Manchester Airports Group (MAG), which acquired Stansted in spring last year, said: “I’m delighted to finally unveil the leading retail travel brands that have secured their position in the first phase of this multi-million pound development and to give our passengers and airline partners a glimpse of what the future looks like.
“MAG have a clear ambition to not only improve services and facilities at Stansted but to make it the best airport in London and I’m very proud to see the major step changes taking place and coming to life.”
Earlier this month, Stansted unveiled the food and drink line-up for the remodelled airport including well-known names such as Burger King, Pret A Manger, Starbucks and JD Wetherspoon and a range of new and up-coming brands, with the successful bidders having been chosen from among more than 70 tenders for the 12 available units.
You may also want to watch:
Details yet to be announced include a further 16 retail stores covering fashion, shoes, accessories and luxury goods which are due to follow next year.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival