‘Stay safe and secure’ presentations for Uttlesford’s over 55s
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents over the age of 55 are being offered the chance to learn how to stay safe and healthy.
Safer Living sessions will be taking place at day centres across Uttlesford with a number of informative presentations.
These include fire safety, independent living, volunteering opportunities, scams and armchair exercise in order to keep fit. Experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Entry is free but places must be booked by calling the relevant day centre.
Sessions will run from 10.30am-1.30pm and a free lunch is provided.
You may also want to watch:
Events will be taking place at the following day centres:
l Tuesday, March 11 – Takeley, South Road, Takeley. Call 01279 871198
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
l Thursday, March 13 – The Garden Room, 3 Hill Street, Saffron Walden. Call 01799 522772
l Wednesday, March 19 – Thaxted, Vicarage Mead. Call 01371 830094
l Friday, March 21 – Stansted, Crafton Green, 72 Chapel Hill. Call 01279 815091
l Tuesday, March 25 – Great Dunmow, Chequers Lane. Call 01371 872874.