‘Stay safe and secure’ presentations for Uttlesford’s over 55s
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents over the age of 55 are being offered the chance to learn how to stay safe and healthy.
Safer Living sessions will be taking place at day centres across Uttlesford with a number of informative presentations.
These include fire safety, independent living, volunteering opportunities, scams and armchair exercise in order to keep fit. Experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Entry is free but places must be booked by calling the relevant day centre.
Sessions will run from 10.30am-1.30pm and a free lunch is provided.
You may also want to watch:
Events will be taking place at the following day centres:
l Tuesday, March 11 – Takeley, South Road, Takeley. Call 01279 871198
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
l Thursday, March 13 – The Garden Room, 3 Hill Street, Saffron Walden. Call 01799 522772
l Wednesday, March 19 – Thaxted, Vicarage Mead. Call 01371 830094
l Friday, March 21 – Stansted, Crafton Green, 72 Chapel Hill. Call 01279 815091
l Tuesday, March 25 – Great Dunmow, Chequers Lane. Call 01371 872874.