‘Stay safe and secure’ presentations for Uttlesford’s over 55s
- Credit: Archant
Uttlesford residents over the age of 55 are being offered the chance to learn how to stay safe and healthy.
Safer Living sessions will be taking place at day centres across Uttlesford with a number of informative presentations.
These include fire safety, independent living, volunteering opportunities, scams and armchair exercise in order to keep fit. Experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Entry is free but places must be booked by calling the relevant day centre.
Sessions will run from 10.30am-1.30pm and a free lunch is provided.
Events will be taking place at the following day centres:
l Tuesday, March 11 – Takeley, South Road, Takeley. Call 01279 871198
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 10 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
l Thursday, March 13 – The Garden Room, 3 Hill Street, Saffron Walden. Call 01799 522772
l Wednesday, March 19 – Thaxted, Vicarage Mead. Call 01371 830094
l Friday, March 21 – Stansted, Crafton Green, 72 Chapel Hill. Call 01279 815091
l Tuesday, March 25 – Great Dunmow, Chequers Lane. Call 01371 872874.