Stay safe while out celebrating this Christmas
PARTY-goers are being urged to stay safe while out celebrating over Christmas.
This weekend will see pubs, bars and clubs jam-packed with people celebrating Christmas – but thieves will also be out in the crowds.
Officers are urging people to keep an eye on their valuables to ensure crooks don’t cash in on the Christmas cheer.
Inspector Ian Lyons said: “We want people to enjoy the celebrations and not let criminals ruin their Christmas.
“I would remind people to keep their valuables on them at all times and not be tempted to dump their coats and bags while they hit the dancefloor.
You may also want to watch:
“Thieves will be on the lookout for unattended bags and will help themselves to your property if they get the chance.
“Also be careful not to show off expensive mobile phones while out and about as it may make you a target for an opportunist thief.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
For more advice on how to stay safe this Christmas, visit getclosertochristmas.org