Stay safe while out celebrating this Christmas
PARTY-goers are being urged to stay safe while out celebrating over Christmas.
This weekend will see pubs, bars and clubs jam-packed with people celebrating Christmas – but thieves will also be out in the crowds.
Officers are urging people to keep an eye on their valuables to ensure crooks don’t cash in on the Christmas cheer.
Inspector Ian Lyons said: “We want people to enjoy the celebrations and not let criminals ruin their Christmas.
“I would remind people to keep their valuables on them at all times and not be tempted to dump their coats and bags while they hit the dancefloor.
You may also want to watch:
“Thieves will be on the lookout for unattended bags and will help themselves to your property if they get the chance.
“Also be careful not to show off expensive mobile phones while out and about as it may make you a target for an opportunist thief.”
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion
For more advice on how to stay safe this Christmas, visit getclosertochristmas.org