Stay safe while out celebrating this Christmas
PARTY-goers are being urged to stay safe while out celebrating over Christmas.
This weekend will see pubs, bars and clubs jam-packed with people celebrating Christmas – but thieves will also be out in the crowds.
Officers are urging people to keep an eye on their valuables to ensure crooks don’t cash in on the Christmas cheer.
Inspector Ian Lyons said: “We want people to enjoy the celebrations and not let criminals ruin their Christmas.
“I would remind people to keep their valuables on them at all times and not be tempted to dump their coats and bags while they hit the dancefloor.
“Thieves will be on the lookout for unattended bags and will help themselves to your property if they get the chance.
“Also be careful not to show off expensive mobile phones while out and about as it may make you a target for an opportunist thief.”
- 1 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 7 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 10 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
For more advice on how to stay safe this Christmas, visit getclosertochristmas.org