Stay safe while out celebrating this Christmas
PARTY-goers are being urged to stay safe while out celebrating over Christmas.
This weekend will see pubs, bars and clubs jam-packed with people celebrating Christmas – but thieves will also be out in the crowds.
Officers are urging people to keep an eye on their valuables to ensure crooks don’t cash in on the Christmas cheer.
Inspector Ian Lyons said: “We want people to enjoy the celebrations and not let criminals ruin their Christmas.
“I would remind people to keep their valuables on them at all times and not be tempted to dump their coats and bags while they hit the dancefloor.
You may also want to watch:
“Thieves will be on the lookout for unattended bags and will help themselves to your property if they get the chance.
“Also be careful not to show off expensive mobile phones while out and about as it may make you a target for an opportunist thief.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 7 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 8 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
For more advice on how to stay safe this Christmas, visit getclosertochristmas.org