Steak lovers rejoice! Butcher unveils unusual heart-shaped Valentine’s gift
- Credit: Archant
AT a loss for what to get your lover for Valentine’s Day? The owner of a Saffron Walden butchers believes he has the answer after unveiling a “unique” heart-shaped steak specially created for the romantic occasion.
Family-run business, Burtons Butchers, on King Street, has billed the ‘Sweetheart Steak’ as a “tasty new token of love” which they believe will help woo even the fiercest of meat lovers.
Owner Andrew Burton decided to create the unusual gift after noticing people rushing around every year wondering what to buy.
“Over the years, people have often commented on how they always give the standard flowers and chocs – I thought it was about time something different was on offer. It’s our tradition to have steak on Valentine’s Day, so I decided to make it even more special,” he said.
“People often look to serve up a wonderful meal at home on Valentine’s Day – I think it has a personal touch. Also, with today’s economy, I believe people are steering towards homemade ‘date nights’ even more. A great steak and a nice bottle of wine, in the comfort of your own home, really allows people to spend quality time together.”
You may also want to watch:
Burtons claim the Sweetheart Steak is a special cut offered by very few restaurants and assure customers it will help them “rack up the brownie points”.
Lamb and pork are also available in the same romantic shape.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party