Stop Stansted Expansion calendar proves a knockout success
THE winning formula of beautiful pictures of some of the region’s most picturesque heritage, homes and countryside is proving to be a knockout fundraising success for Stop Stansted Expansion’s 2011 Community Calendar – but some customers may be left disappointed if they don’t buy soon.
4000 copies of the glossy, large format calendar which has been produced annually since 2002 and sells at just �6 per copy have already been sold, despite the difficulties created by the harsh winter weather which has impeded the efforts of the volunteer sales team.
Just 500 copies are left in stock and those wishing to make sure of their copy of this much loved reminder of the reason why the community threatened by airport expansion plans is so strongly against the growth of Stansted Airport are urged to seek out their calendars now.
Christmas cards of a snowy Hatfield Forest, Robin in hoar frost and notelets featuring local scenes again complement the range being offered by SSE this year and are also selling like hot cakes.
While most of the scores of volunteers selling the calendar and cards have now exhausted their own supplies, stocks are still available from around 30 shops and other outlets in Uttlesford and East Herts, including the SSE campaign office in Takeley. A mail order option is also available.
Praising the efforts of all those who have supported this year’s initiative, SSE campaign director Carol Barbone said: “Our campaign still has work to do in order to influence the shape of the forthcoming government policy on airports and, given the pressure being applied by the aviation industry to reopen the door to expansion at Stansted, there is a long way to go before we can lay the expansion issue to rest.
“Sales of the calendar will be vital in enabling our representations on behalf of the community to continue, both on the expansion issue and in terms of tackling the impacts of current impacts arising from Stansted’s operations especially noise and night flights.”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 3 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 10 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
For full details of the range and stockists, call SSE on 01279 870558 or see the website at stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html