Stop Stansted Expansion calendar proves a knockout success
THE winning formula of beautiful pictures of some of the region’s most picturesque heritage, homes and countryside is proving to be a knockout fundraising success for Stop Stansted Expansion’s 2011 Community Calendar – but some customers may be left disappointed if they don’t buy soon.
4000 copies of the glossy, large format calendar which has been produced annually since 2002 and sells at just �6 per copy have already been sold, despite the difficulties created by the harsh winter weather which has impeded the efforts of the volunteer sales team.
Just 500 copies are left in stock and those wishing to make sure of their copy of this much loved reminder of the reason why the community threatened by airport expansion plans is so strongly against the growth of Stansted Airport are urged to seek out their calendars now.
Christmas cards of a snowy Hatfield Forest, Robin in hoar frost and notelets featuring local scenes again complement the range being offered by SSE this year and are also selling like hot cakes.
While most of the scores of volunteers selling the calendar and cards have now exhausted their own supplies, stocks are still available from around 30 shops and other outlets in Uttlesford and East Herts, including the SSE campaign office in Takeley. A mail order option is also available.
You may also want to watch:
Praising the efforts of all those who have supported this year’s initiative, SSE campaign director Carol Barbone said: “Our campaign still has work to do in order to influence the shape of the forthcoming government policy on airports and, given the pressure being applied by the aviation industry to reopen the door to expansion at Stansted, there is a long way to go before we can lay the expansion issue to rest.
“Sales of the calendar will be vital in enabling our representations on behalf of the community to continue, both on the expansion issue and in terms of tackling the impacts of current impacts arising from Stansted’s operations especially noise and night flights.”
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
For full details of the range and stockists, call SSE on 01279 870558 or see the website at stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html