Stop Stansted Expansion group launch 2010 calendar
The 2010 Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE) Community Calendar was launched today (23 September) in Bishop s Stortford in front of the historic shop front of Tissimans which is featured on the cover. Tissimans is one of the oldest businesses in Bishop s Stortf
The 2010 Stop Stansted Expansion (SSE) Community Calendar was launched today (23 September) in Bishop's Stortford in front of the historic shop front of Tissimans which is featured on the cover.
Tissimans is one of the oldest businesses in Bishop's Stortford and is thought to have been a tailor's shop for 400 years, with parts of the building dating back to the 14th century.
Ken McDonald, who leads the calendar team, was joined for the occasion by a handful of the 60 SSE supporters whose sales efforts complement those of some 30 supporting shops and other outlets across Hertfordshire and Essex.
Now in its eighth year, the 13-month Community Calendar has become an established part of life for many people in the region fighting the threat of Stansted expansion. Since its inception in late 2002 over 42,000 copies have been sold making a vital financial contribution to SSE's campaign fighting fund - sales last year raised a profit of �24,000.
You may also want to watch:
The 2010 calendar features 40 photos selected from work submitted by local amateur photographers. There is always keen interest in which towns and villages have been chosen and this year amongst the pages are six villages that have not appeared before. As ever, Bishop's Stortford, Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow are all featured.
Priced at just �6, the calendar is on sale across Hertfordshire and Essex and in the community through local sellers.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
They can also be ordered by post for UK and overseas mailing at a small extra charge to cover postage and packing.
For further information, details of your nearest sales points and online order forms see www.stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar or call SSE on 01279 870558.