Stop Stansted Expansion group launches 2011 calendar
A STUNNING image of bluebells spread across a wood is just one of many featured in the 2011 SSE Community Calendar, launched this week.
The anti-airport expansion group is using the calendar, which is now on sale, as a fundraising tool to help fight any future plans to increase the size of Stansted.
This image is one of 36, featuring towns and villages across Essex, Herts and Suffolk which all lie in the shadow of the airport’s operations.
Once again, the photographs used have been selected from the best contributions submitted by members of the community.
All proceeds from the calendar – the ninth to be produced – will be used in the campaign to prevent the threat of a second runway ever being built at the Essex hub.
You may also want to watch:
The calendar is priced at �6 and will be on sale at 30 shops across the area, as well as from the 50-strong sales team drawn from SSE’s members.
The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
For further information, details of sales points and online order forms visit stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html or call 01279 870558.
Locations featured in the calendar include Takeley, Henham, Stebbing, The Bardfields, The Easters and Wimbish.