Stop Stansted Expansion group launches 2011 calendar
A STUNNING image of bluebells spread across a wood is just one of many featured in the 2011 SSE Community Calendar, launched this week.
The anti-airport expansion group is using the calendar, which is now on sale, as a fundraising tool to help fight any future plans to increase the size of Stansted.
This image is one of 36, featuring towns and villages across Essex, Herts and Suffolk which all lie in the shadow of the airport’s operations.
Once again, the photographs used have been selected from the best contributions submitted by members of the community.
All proceeds from the calendar – the ninth to be produced – will be used in the campaign to prevent the threat of a second runway ever being built at the Essex hub.
You may also want to watch:
The calendar is priced at �6 and will be on sale at 30 shops across the area, as well as from the 50-strong sales team drawn from SSE’s members.
The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
For further information, details of sales points and online order forms visit stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html or call 01279 870558.
Locations featured in the calendar include Takeley, Henham, Stebbing, The Bardfields, The Easters and Wimbish.