Stop Stansted Expansion group launches 2011 calendar
A STUNNING image of bluebells spread across a wood is just one of many featured in the 2011 SSE Community Calendar, launched this week.
The anti-airport expansion group is using the calendar, which is now on sale, as a fundraising tool to help fight any future plans to increase the size of Stansted.
This image is one of 36, featuring towns and villages across Essex, Herts and Suffolk which all lie in the shadow of the airport’s operations.
Once again, the photographs used have been selected from the best contributions submitted by members of the community.
All proceeds from the calendar – the ninth to be produced – will be used in the campaign to prevent the threat of a second runway ever being built at the Essex hub.
You may also want to watch:
The calendar is priced at �6 and will be on sale at 30 shops across the area, as well as from the 50-strong sales team drawn from SSE’s members.
The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
For further information, details of sales points and online order forms visit stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html or call 01279 870558.
Locations featured in the calendar include Takeley, Henham, Stebbing, The Bardfields, The Easters and Wimbish.