Stop Stansted Expansion’s 2014 community calendar launched
- Credit: Archant
THE 2014 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s community calendar is now on sale across the region.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the 12th to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
The Airports Commission appointed by the Government under the chairmanship of Sir Howard Davies has received about 50 proposals for extra runway capacity.
The new owners of Stansted Airport, Manchester Airport Group, has put forward three proposals for Stansted –
• an extra runway to the east
• an extra runway to the north-west
• a four-runway airport to replace Heathrow as London’s hub airport.
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
SSE argues that these proposals make no economic sense and would be “disastrous environmentally”.
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at £6 and will be on sale at some 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members. The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html