Stop Stansted Expansion’s 2014 community calendar launched
- Credit: Archant
THE 2014 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s community calendar is now on sale across the region.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the 12th to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
The Airports Commission appointed by the Government under the chairmanship of Sir Howard Davies has received about 50 proposals for extra runway capacity.
The new owners of Stansted Airport, Manchester Airport Group, has put forward three proposals for Stansted –
• an extra runway to the east
You may also want to watch:
• an extra runway to the north-west
• a four-runway airport to replace Heathrow as London’s hub airport.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
SSE argues that these proposals make no economic sense and would be “disastrous environmentally”.
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at £6 and will be on sale at some 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members. The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html