Stop Stansted Expansion’s 2014 community calendar launched
- Credit: Archant
THE 2014 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s community calendar is now on sale across the region.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the 12th to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
The Airports Commission appointed by the Government under the chairmanship of Sir Howard Davies has received about 50 proposals for extra runway capacity.
The new owners of Stansted Airport, Manchester Airport Group, has put forward three proposals for Stansted –
• an extra runway to the east
You may also want to watch:
• an extra runway to the north-west
• a four-runway airport to replace Heathrow as London’s hub airport.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
SSE argues that these proposals make no economic sense and would be “disastrous environmentally”.
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at £6 and will be on sale at some 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members. The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html