Stop Stansted Expansion’s 2014 community calendar launched
- Credit: Archant
THE 2014 edition of Stop Stansted Expansion’s community calendar is now on sale across the region.
All proceeds from sales of the calendar, the 12th to be produced, will be used in the continuing campaign by SSE to fight off the threat of an extra runway or runways at Stansted Airport.
The Airports Commission appointed by the Government under the chairmanship of Sir Howard Davies has received about 50 proposals for extra runway capacity.
The new owners of Stansted Airport, Manchester Airport Group, has put forward three proposals for Stansted –
• an extra runway to the east
You may also want to watch:
• an extra runway to the north-west
• a four-runway airport to replace Heathrow as London’s hub airport.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
SSE argues that these proposals make no economic sense and would be “disastrous environmentally”.
As in previous years, the A3 format calendars are priced at £6 and will be on sale at some 30 shops across the area, as well as from a sales team drawn from SSE’s members. The campaign office can also arrange gift mailing at a small extra charge.
Further details together with a list of stockists can be found on the SSE website at stopstanstedexpansion.com/calendar.html