Storytelling mum wows judges
THE next JK Rowling could be a creative mum from Balsham who has written an award-winning children s story. Mum-of-two Caroline Jones picked up the top prize in a creative writing competition and has now had her story recorded by children s television pre
THE next JK Rowling could be a creative mum from Balsham who has written an award-winning children's story.
Mum-of-two Caroline Jones picked up the top prize in a creative writing competition and has now had her story recorded by children's television presenter Gail Porter.
The winning story is available as a podcast and can be downloaded for free at www.munchbunch.co.uk.
"I couldn't believe it when I found out that I had won," said Mrs Jones. "I am so excited that parents and kids up and down the country can hear my story for free. I was inspired to write Munch Visits the Moon because I know that children love adventure stories and are fascinated with space."
You may also want to watch:
The first prize also included a holiday to Lapland for the family and an all-expenses paid trip to London to see her story read by Gail Porter.
"The prize is fantastic," said Mrs Jones. "Though I must admit I think I was more excited about having a celebrity bring my story to life than the trip to Lapland - though of course that is going to be a real treat for the kids this Christmas!"
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 10 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
In September yogurt company Munch Bunch launched a nationwide competition to find the next JK Rowling or Roald Dahl. Parents were asked to pen their own children's stories.
From hundreds of stories sent in Munch Visits the Moon was voted one of the six finalists as voted for by a panel of children.