Street lamp illumination is a waste
THIS week I have been driving daily to visit an elderly ex-parishioner of mine in Linton, a route which takes me down the Little Walden Road at approximately lunch time.
And every day I have noticed a street lamp fully illuminated near the junction with Limefields.
I can see no apparent reason for this to be functioning in broad daylight, day in day out, and frankly I am quite perturbed our council can allow such blatantly wasteful practises in these alleged times of austerity.
Whatever happened to saving energy and saving money, never mind the environment?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations