Street lamp illumination is a waste
THIS week I have been driving daily to visit an elderly ex-parishioner of mine in Linton, a route which takes me down the Little Walden Road at approximately lunch time.
And every day I have noticed a street lamp fully illuminated near the junction with Limefields.
I can see no apparent reason for this to be functioning in broad daylight, day in day out, and frankly I am quite perturbed our council can allow such blatantly wasteful practises in these alleged times of austerity.
Whatever happened to saving energy and saving money, never mind the environment?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100