Street Pastors scheme in Saffron Walden receives £1,000 boost from County High students
- Credit: Archant
Students at Saffron Walden County High School have raised £1,000 in support of the town’s Street Pastors scheme.
Anyone who has spent a Friday evening in Saffron Walden will now be familiar with the sight of a team of Street Pastors roaming the streets providing help, support and care for those who are in need.
Whether it is a young person waiting on their own for a taxi, girls in high heels in need of a pair of flip flops or late night revellers getting a little out of hand, the dedicated team of volunteers are designed to be on-hand to provide company, call a cab or clean up.
Joy Burton, who initiated the scheme in Saffron Walden, thanked the County High Leisure Studies students for their donation to the project and said that “the Street Pastors really enjoy meeting and talking with so many people who are out and about in town on Friday evenings”.
“It is good to play a part in the life of our community,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
In the light of its success, the Street Pastors scheme is now looking to expand. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local church.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021