String concert at parish church
LINTON Music Society presents the Doric String Quartet in the parish church on Saturday April 25 at 7.30pm. The concert will see the quartet play music from Bach s The Art of Fugue, Beethoven Rasumovsky String, Quartet Op 59, No 1, Mendlessohn String Qu
LINTON Music Society presents the Doric String Quartet in the parish church on Saturday April 25 at 7.30pm.
The concert will see the quartet play music from Bach's The Art of Fugue, Beethoven 'Rasumovsky' String, Quartet Op 59, No 1, Mendlessohn String Quartet Op 44, and No 3 in Eb Major.
The event is a welcome return from a quartet who were first prize winners of the 2008 Osaka International Chamber Music Competition in Japan and whose reputation has gone from strength to strength since they were last here in 2006.
Tickets are available at the door or can be obtained in advance or in person from Sweet Talk News, 77 High Street, Linton (01223 893480).
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices (individual concerts) are adults �9, students (to age 21) �2 and family ticket (two adults and two children) �16.
There is a brochure available for the whole season. For a copy or to purchase concert tickets contact 01223 894460 or 01223 897983.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 8 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 9 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing