String concert at parish church
LINTON Music Society presents the Doric String Quartet in the parish church on Saturday April 25 at 7.30pm. The concert will see the quartet play music from Bach s The Art of Fugue, Beethoven Rasumovsky String, Quartet Op 59, No 1, Mendlessohn String Qu
LINTON Music Society presents the Doric String Quartet in the parish church on Saturday April 25 at 7.30pm.
The concert will see the quartet play music from Bach's The Art of Fugue, Beethoven 'Rasumovsky' String, Quartet Op 59, No 1, Mendlessohn String Quartet Op 44, and No 3 in Eb Major.
The event is a welcome return from a quartet who were first prize winners of the 2008 Osaka International Chamber Music Competition in Japan and whose reputation has gone from strength to strength since they were last here in 2006.
Tickets are available at the door or can be obtained in advance or in person from Sweet Talk News, 77 High Street, Linton (01223 893480).
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices (individual concerts) are adults �9, students (to age 21) �2 and family ticket (two adults and two children) �16.
There is a brochure available for the whole season. For a copy or to purchase concert tickets contact 01223 894460 or 01223 897983.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending