Student trio win Ashdon 10k & 3k fun run logo competition
- Credit: Archant
Ashdon Primary School pupils have been busy designing this year’s logo for the popular 3k fun run.
The annual event, which attracts hundreds of entrants and is in its 18th year, returns on Bank Holiday Monday, May 5.
Tracy Balcombe, of the PTA fun run committee, said: “The logo competition was hard to judge as there were so many brilliant entries. We extended our prizes to first, second and third as it was difficult to pick just one winner.”
Prizes were donated by Handy Candy and the winners were Emily Pagliaro (first), Oleander May (second) and Aliyah Haynes (third). Emily’s logo will be used on the fun run website and advertising for the event.
The run is open to both novice and experienced runners. The 3K race is ideal for families and all levels of fitness, while the 10K course is a major event in the local running.
You may also want to watch:
Runners, supporters and families are welcome on the day. There will be lots going on, including face painting, bouncy castle, refreshments, toys and sweets stall, Ashdon Forest School and many other exciting stalls.
“We would like to thank our main sponsors Holroyd, The Foot Health Clinic, Ford Wells Construction Group, Cheffins, Ashdon Parish Council, and many others who have made this event possible,” said Tracy.
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 7 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 8 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 New development plan for former Friends' School
For more information and entry forms, visit ashdon10k.yolasite.com.