Students hand over cheque to Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival
SPORTY students from Saffron Walden County High School have handed over a cheque for more than �4,500 to the carnival committee.
Pupils in Years 7, 8 and 9 took part in the school’s fourth annual sponsored sports day in July.
The day involved all pupils from the three year groups completing 100 minutes of a sporting activity of their choice such as rugby, football and netball for which they obtained sponsorship.
However, in a twist to previous years, the school Student Voice decided that all money raised would go towards Saffron Walden Round Table eight-day carnival (which took place July 1-9) and the fireworks display earlier this month.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said he was overwhelmed with the size of the donation and thanked everyone from the school for supporting the Round Table in carnival year.
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented by the pupils from 8AXT whose form raised the most amount of money collectively, and Charlotte Head who raised the individual highest amount.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand