Students hand over cheque to Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival
SPORTY students from Saffron Walden County High School have handed over a cheque for more than �4,500 to the carnival committee.
Pupils in Years 7, 8 and 9 took part in the school’s fourth annual sponsored sports day in July.
The day involved all pupils from the three year groups completing 100 minutes of a sporting activity of their choice such as rugby, football and netball for which they obtained sponsorship.
However, in a twist to previous years, the school Student Voice decided that all money raised would go towards Saffron Walden Round Table eight-day carnival (which took place July 1-9) and the fireworks display earlier this month.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said he was overwhelmed with the size of the donation and thanked everyone from the school for supporting the Round Table in carnival year.
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented by the pupils from 8AXT whose form raised the most amount of money collectively, and Charlotte Head who raised the individual highest amount.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase