Students hand over cheque to Saffron Walden Round Table Carnival
SPORTY students from Saffron Walden County High School have handed over a cheque for more than �4,500 to the carnival committee.
Pupils in Years 7, 8 and 9 took part in the school’s fourth annual sponsored sports day in July.
The day involved all pupils from the three year groups completing 100 minutes of a sporting activity of their choice such as rugby, football and netball for which they obtained sponsorship.
However, in a twist to previous years, the school Student Voice decided that all money raised would go towards Saffron Walden Round Table eight-day carnival (which took place July 1-9) and the fireworks display earlier this month.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said he was overwhelmed with the size of the donation and thanked everyone from the school for supporting the Round Table in carnival year.
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was presented by the pupils from 8AXT whose form raised the most amount of money collectively, and Charlotte Head who raised the individual highest amount.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold