Students to perform a 'Gagging For It' double
A STORY of drugs, drinking and friendships on the party island of Ibiza is coming to the stage at Saffron Walden County High School. Theatre company Sky Blue – made up of year 11 drama students – is performing Danny Sturrock s hedonistic play Gagging For
A STORY of drugs, drinking and friendships on the party island of Ibiza is coming to the stage at Saffron Walden County High School.
Theatre company Sky Blue - made up of year 11 drama students - is performing Danny Sturrock's hedonistic play Gagging For It at the school on Thursday March 26.
The students will then take their production to the Norwich Playhouse for a special performance on Tuesday March 31.
Drama student May Crick said: "We have produced and directed the play ourselves, but it has been difficult to fund because it will cost �700 to hire a coach and take the production to Norwich. We are hoping to sell as many tickets as possible to make this possible."
You may also want to watch:
Gagging For It is an insight into the lives of eight teenagers on holiday in Ibiza. The play shows how decisions they make affect their friends and cause chain reactions in different situations. It also highlights peer pressure, drinking, drugs and friendships.
Sweet Teresa, flirty Bianca, loud Tara and bitchy Lizzie are enjoying their holiday lapping up the clubs and parties with the boys Kev, Chris, Jay and Crazy Dave. Friendships are formed and relationships occur but things quickly turn sour and regret brings hollowness to the situation. This play portrays the shocking circumstances of a decision that you may or may have faced.
- 1 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
The Norwich Play Festival commissions new plays by famous playwrights to be performed by young actors throughout the country. Sky Blue has been chosen to be part of four youth companies performing their plays at the Norwich Playhouse.
The play will be at 7.30pm in the school's main hall. Tickets are priced at �4 for adults and �3 for children and school staff. Tickets can be purchased by contacting the school on 01799 513030 or writing to Saffron Walden County High School, Audley End Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4UH.
Tickets for the performance at the Norwich Playhouse can be purchased through their website at www.norwichplayhouse.co.uk