Students urged to sort finances as deadline approaches
STUDENTS in the Uttlesford area are being urged to apply now for student finance to ensure their funding is in place at the start of the new university term.
Around 47,000 students have already applied from the East Anglia region, including 25,000 from returning students.
Student Finance England is calling on all those who have still to submit their application or evidence to do so by June 30.
Processing manager Andy Topham said: “East Anglian students who haven’t yet applied for their finance need to do so now, with any required evidence, to make sure their funding is in place at the start of the new university term.
“The application process is much easier and simpler for returning students this year and for many it will just be a case of signing and returning the declaration form, which only takes a few minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s lots of information and help online for those who need it. Our customer advisers are answering general questions via our social media sites, we’ve got a series of how-to videos, and our Direct Gov site is packed with useful information.
“Our customer advisers are also available every weekday from 8am to 8pm and at weekends from 9am to 5.30pm to answer queries relating to your own student finance account.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
ARE you off to university this September? Tell us what you think, e-mail email@example.com or call us on 01799 512882.