Students urged to sort finances as deadline approaches
STUDENTS in the Uttlesford area are being urged to apply now for student finance to ensure their funding is in place at the start of the new university term.
Around 47,000 students have already applied from the East Anglia region, including 25,000 from returning students.
Student Finance England is calling on all those who have still to submit their application or evidence to do so by June 30.
Processing manager Andy Topham said: “East Anglian students who haven’t yet applied for their finance need to do so now, with any required evidence, to make sure their funding is in place at the start of the new university term.
“The application process is much easier and simpler for returning students this year and for many it will just be a case of signing and returning the declaration form, which only takes a few minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s lots of information and help online for those who need it. Our customer advisers are answering general questions via our social media sites, we’ve got a series of how-to videos, and our Direct Gov site is packed with useful information.
“Our customer advisers are also available every weekday from 8am to 8pm and at weekends from 9am to 5.30pm to answer queries relating to your own student finance account.”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
ARE you off to university this September? Tell us what you think, e-mail email@example.com or call us on 01799 512882.