Superfast broadband event for Uttlesford businesses
BUSINESSES across Uttlesford wanting to take advantage of the latest broadband technology are being invited to a special event.
The West Essex Alliance, of which Uttlesford District Council is a member, has teamed up with One Epping Forest to run a free Superfast Broadband Business Seminar on Tuesday December 18.
Simon Jackson, the district council’s economic development officer, said: “For many businesses, access to superfast broadband is a necessity and will create opportunities for businesses to grow. We want to ensure that businesses in Uttlesford have the best advice about how to exploit it and when they will be able to receive it.”
The seminar is being hosted by Epping Forest College in Loughton and runs from 6pm to 7.30pm. It is aimed at any businesses, large or small, which want to understand what superfast broadband can do for them and what central government and local authorities are doing to support the rollout locally.
The free seminar will examine the current state of play of broadband provision, Essex County Council’s Local Broadband Plan and what it means for businesses in Uttlesford and across Essex.
You may also want to watch:
To register for the event, visit westessexbroadband.eventbrite.co.uk
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out