Superfast broadband event for Uttlesford businesses
BUSINESSES across Uttlesford wanting to take advantage of the latest broadband technology are being invited to a special event.
The West Essex Alliance, of which Uttlesford District Council is a member, has teamed up with One Epping Forest to run a free Superfast Broadband Business Seminar on Tuesday December 18.
Simon Jackson, the district council’s economic development officer, said: “For many businesses, access to superfast broadband is a necessity and will create opportunities for businesses to grow. We want to ensure that businesses in Uttlesford have the best advice about how to exploit it and when they will be able to receive it.”
The seminar is being hosted by Epping Forest College in Loughton and runs from 6pm to 7.30pm. It is aimed at any businesses, large or small, which want to understand what superfast broadband can do for them and what central government and local authorities are doing to support the rollout locally.
The free seminar will examine the current state of play of broadband provision, Essex County Council’s Local Broadband Plan and what it means for businesses in Uttlesford and across Essex.
You may also want to watch:
To register for the event, visit westessexbroadband.eventbrite.co.uk
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event